Tuesday 29 July 2014

Trailer Tuesday: 29/07/2014

I think it's pretty clear by now that I have very mixed interests in fiction. On occasion I like a bright hearted romance story, but most of the time I like things a little darker with mystery, action or fantasy playing an important role. Today I have tried to demonstrate both sides of what I like by showing two trailers I have found recently. One seem quite bright and cheerful, the other appears dark without a doubt.


If you would like to see your trailer featured here, or would like to share one you found and loved, please send me a link to it via Twitter, Facebook or my contact form on my blog!



Since You've Been Gone by Anouska Knight



This is the light and bright trailer today. What caught my eye is cake. I love cake. I'm not a huge fan of baking, I enjoy it some times, but I'm no master baker. However, what I really liked about this trailer was that despite being made up of static images it still felt quite dynamic. I cannot stand trailers with static pictures and text. Often they seem like the sort of thing you could whip up in Windows Movie Maker with a few images pulled from Google.  Not this trailer, though! With a fresh and clean look, a sprinkling of word play and the right lines to make you interested, this trailer pique my interest.

Synopsis
How do you learn to love again?

In one tragic moment, Holly Jefferson s life as she knows it changes for ever. Now to the external world, at least she s finally getting back on her feet, running her business, Cake. Then she meets Ciaran Argyll.

His rich and charmed life feels a million miles from her own. However, there s more to Ciaran than the superficial world that surrounds him, and he too is wrestling with his own ghosts. Will Holly find the missing ingredient that allows her to live again and embrace an unknown and unexpected tomorrow?
Good Reads



Messenger of Fear by Michael Grant



Disorientated first person angles? Amnesia or ghost? Paying for misdeeds? Yes, this is what I like. Give me a nice dose of supernatural redemption any time. My favourite part of this trailer is the line about the game which you must 'Play or Pay'.  Chilling.

Synopsis
I remembered my name – Mara. But, standing in that ghostly place, faced with the solemn young man in the black coat with silver skulls for buttons, I could recall nothing else about myself.

And then the games began.

The Messenger sees the darkness in young hearts, and the damage it inflicts upon the world. If they go unpunished, he offers the wicked a game. Win, and they can go free. Lose, and they will live out their greatest fear. 

But what does any of this have to do with Mara? She is about to find out . . 
Good Reads
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© The Evening eBook Read All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates